The VideoChat SDK contains a high performance VoIP and Video conferencing client capable of delivering crystal clear sound and video capturing even for both low and high-bandwidth users. VideoChat users are arranged in a tree-structure where each node is a room/channel where users can talk, see Users, send instant messages and share files.
Examples of such applications could be Internet phones, conferencing tools, surveillance systems, e-Learning systems, or any other type of application where audio and video transmission between networked clients is an essential part of the application.
The VideoChat SDK consists of both a client and a server. The VideoChat server is a standalone application which provides user authentication and keeps track of connected clients. It can operate in both LAN or WAN (Internet) environments. Each server instance is capable of serving 1000 simultaneous clients. A VideoChat client can connect to the server and can from there interact with other clients. The client is wrapped in a DLL file (.so on Linux) which enables developers to add the following features to their application:
* Multiple active real time audio and video streams
* Instant text messaging
* File sharing
* Tree structure for grouping clients
* Audio capture supported by DirectSound and WinMM
* Video capture supported by DirectShow
* CELT and Speex audio codecs for VoIP supporting both high and low bandwidth usage
* Automatic Gain Control (AGC) and 3D-sound positioning
* Audio transmission using push-to-talk (PTT) and voice activation (VAD)
* Store all audio transmissions to either .wav or .mp3 format
* Video codec supporting variable (VBR) and constant (CBR) bitrate as well as configurable quality
* User account system for server authentication
* Secure data transmission using TLS and BlowFish encryption (Secure Edition only)
and much more
VideoChat SDK for Windows and Linux is a free trial software application from the Components & Libraries subcategory, part of the Development category.
The app is currently available in English, German and it was last updated on 2010-07-23. The program can be installed on WinXP, WinVista, WinVista x64, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Windows2000, Windows2003, WinServer, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Windows CE, Pocket PC, Unix, Linux, Java, Windows Tablet PC Edition 2005, Windows Media Center Edition 2005, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64, Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 2005, Linux Console, Linux Gnome, Linux GPL.
VideoChat SDK for Windows and Linux (version 4.0) has a file size of 27.09 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 51 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.